We are so excited to be able to Serve Our Community again this spring! We are joining other local churches to impact our community for Jesus in a project called LiNC (Love in Nevada County). Please plan to participate with your family, friends, or community group, as we link with other churches to demonstrate the tangible love of Jesus!
Schedule on Saturday, April 29
Meet at TCC for a prayer and continental breakfast.
8:30am - 12:00pm
Head to your work site with your team!
How Do I Get Signed Up?
Check the project list below and sign up for a project by clicking HERE!
$5 covers the continental breakfast, a water bottle, and project costs. We encourage you to wear your "TCC Cares" shirt, your "Be the Hope" shirt, or your "LiNC” shirt to your work project!
1. Anew Day (PROJECT FULL) : We will be serving at the Anew Day offices this year, working outside on landscaping, painting, some minor repairs, and working inside on office cleaning and organizing.
2. Bell Hill Academy School: We'll be doing some painting projects (ball wall, playground lines) and general landscape work.
3. Deer Creek School (PROJECT FULL): We get to replace a wooden retaining wall (or 2) with stack blocks, paint an exterior classroom wall, and do some landscape projects as well (irrigation, weeding, trimming).
4. Grass Valley Charter School (PROJECT FULL): We'll be "out back" on this project, working on the "Field of Dreams" play structure, the basketball courts and more.
5. Interfaith Food Ministry (PROJECT FULL): Indoors we will be deep cleaning, washing shopping carts, windows, organizing and more. Outdoors we will be removing 240 feet of rain gutter, plus weed whacking, brush clearing and painting.
6. Lyman Gilmore School: Help with some landscape/yard work on campus, repaint playground lines, and even do some major tree and limb work. Some of the work will be good for kids/families.
7. Nevada City School of the Arts: This is our first year at NCSOA, and we get to tackle some signage and bridges over the NID ditches on site, scotch broom and landscape clearing, and building some shelf boxes for musical instruments.
8. Ready Springs School: We get to tackle some big projects! Repair a large gazebo, replace a door, paint the old pump house, paint ramps, paint basketball backboards, and more!
9. Scotten School: We will be building new benches, painting, and landscape/yard work.
10. Seven Hills School (PROJECT FULL): We will work in the garden, build planter boxes, lay decomposed granite in areas, trimming, weeding, cleaning out the greenhouse, and more. This project will be good for families and kids if they are ready to get dirty!
11. Union Hill School (PROJECT FULL): There are lots of painting projects at this school - curbs, a bridge, stencils, pavement stripes, plus some touch up painting on various buildings.
12. Western Sierra Youth Build: Significant landscape/yard work, deep cleaning (inside), plus some small-scale painting, and repairing a gate.
13. Williams Ranch School: We will be replacing 8-9 sheets of siding on a building, and doing various painting projects big and small (playground lines, curbs, etc.).