Hey runners, walkers, and community-interested people, come join us for our 5K “VIRTUAL Run for the Community”
and Gold Country Grand Prix “race!”
We could all use some extra motivation right now. We want to be WITH other people, but we want to be safe and healthy, and we also want to make a difference. So let's come together and run/walk VIRTUALLY, and encourage each other to get through this quarantine time as a community. When communities come together remarkable things can happen! And all money raised by this event will go to help local people negatively impacted by COVID-19 and the quarantine. So it’s a win-win!
You and your family can create your own 5K route (road, trail, even use a treadmill!), pick your time and day (on or before June 14), and then set off with purpose. You get to run your own race--at your own pace--and time it yourself. Make things more interesting and virtually challenge your friends! This is a chance to get ourselves off the couch, breathe some fresh air and stay healthy, while also helping others in need. Let’s get moving, while social distancing, of course! Plus, for you runners, this is a chance to earn Gold Country Grand Prix points for the 2020 season! Some of the GP races have been cancelled or put on hold, but you can do your own 5K, earn credit for completing one 2020 GCGP race, and even earn 5 Grand Prix points, regardless of your time!!
You will get a cool event t-shirt to commemorate this event and our banding together to overcome COVID-19. Yes, we will want you to send us your time/results (just for fun and posting, no cash prizes or anything!). Yes, we want you to hit up the “Virtual Run for the Community” facebook page to post pictures, comments, questions, etc, as you prepare, train, and participate. And challenge your friends to do the same! Be sure to tag #virtualrunforthecommunity and #twincitieschurch in your post–race photos and on Instagram!
Here’s how it works:
1. Register here on or before June, 21, 2020, and invite a friend! There is a $20 registration fee.
2. Start training, or at least get moving!
3. Run or walk your 5K (3.1 miles), at the location and time of your choice (deadline to run/walk is 11:59 p.m. on June 21)
4. Submit your proof of time (picture of your watch, treadmill, phone, Strava, etc) to our “Virtual Run for the Community” facebook page on or before June 22, or email it directly to email@example.com.
5. You will receive your commemorative event t-shirt in the mail after the June 21 deadline date, as long as we receive your time results.